The Cadet program provides experienced Junior Lifeguards an opportunity to further their ocean skills, CPR and first aid knowledge, and leadership abilities. Cadets are introduced to the skills required to pass the professional ocean lifeguard exam. Veteran Junior Lifeguards, ages 16 and 17, who have demonstrated above average skills will be eligible to try out for the Cadet program. The normal Junior Guard fee is waived for Cadets.
Cadets assist the Junior Lifeguard Instructors during the Junior Lifeguard program, as well as intern with lifeguards working tower schedules. Cadets will also be required to attend other training activities prior to the first day of Program start date and after the last program date.
- Candidates must have prior Junior Guard experience and have above average swimming skills.
- Program candidates must be 16 or 17 years of age by July 1.
- Cadet candidates will be required to go through a 500 yard pool swim tryout, under 7:15.00.
- Ocean swim test.
- Interview in business attire.
- Two letters of recommendation and a letter of interest.
- CPR Card (call the office for details)