The Los Angeles County Lifeguards suggest using common sense when visiting the beach. Tragedy in the ocean can happen quickly therefore having knowledge of aquatic safety is crucial when coming to the beach. We suggest you use the following safety tips:
- Always swim near an open lifeguard station and never swim alone.
- Check with the lifeguard for safe ocean and beach conditions.
- Never dive into shallow water… Remember… Feet-first every time!
- Use swim fins and a leash whenever bodyboarding.
- Keep a safe distance from piers and rocks, and always obey warning signs.
- Never throw sand and always fill in holes before you leave the beach.
- Please do not litter…leave the beach cleaner than you found it!
- Protect yourself from the sun…use sunscreen and wear a hat.
- Respect other beach patrons and remember your beach manners.
- The bicycle path is like a road…always look both ways before crossing!
- If you, or someone in your group gets lost, always find the nearest lifeguard.