All families should have a personal escape plan, and practice it at least twice a year. Pull together everyone in your household and draw a floor plan showing two ways out of each room, including windows. Make sure that everyone understands the escape plan and recognizes the sound of the smoke alarm.
Once you are out of the house, do not go back in for any reason! Go straight for your family's meeting place to see that everyone is safely out of the home. Call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Plan two ways out ofeach bedroom
- Make sure windows can be opened easily
- Choose a meeting place for all family members outside the home
- Make sure everyone understands the planned escape routes
- Practice your escape plan
Watch the video